Written for Sister Mag Daylesford feature.
Recipe for celeriac waldorf salad
- 1 good sized celeriac, peeled and either julienned or grated on the biggest grater option
- 1 stalk of celery, finely sliced
- 2 small winter apples, chopped into half centimeter chunks
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 sprigs french parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl mix the celeriac, apple, walnuts.
- Whisk together the crème fraiche, lemon juice and sugar and add to the salad ingredients.
- Mix together well without overhandling the food.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.