These gorgeous energy balls are my little saviours. I make a big batch on a Sunday and nibble on them through the week whenever I want a snack – or if I’m running late and need a quick breakfast. They are fabulously high in fibre, figs are great for digestion, and because they are so nutritionally dense I only need one or two to keep me feeling full.
- 20 figs
- 10 slices dried apple
- 2 tbsp acai powder
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp raw agave syrup or rice malt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut for coating
- Small patty cases
- 24 approx
- Put all dry ingredients in a food processor and blend together for 30 seconds.
- Add the agave syrup or rice malt and blend a further 30 seconds until well mixed but not turning into paste.
- Using a desert spoon scoop out mixture and roll into 1 inch diameter balls. Continue until all the mixture is used up.
- On a dry surface roll the balls in desiccated coconut to give a good coating.
- Place finished balls into a patty case and store in an airtight jar.